You can live longer, better by starting or joining a Moai® - and help your friends too! They’re social groups that gather for a common purpose and support positive, healthy behaviors. They’re walking, cooking, eating and more. And they’re making healthy choices easier for everyone.
Find Support & Positive Energy
The word “Moai” comes from Okinawa, Japan, where neighbor groups traditionally join and support each other in times of need. Okinawa is one of the original Blue Zones®, identified by researchers as home to some of the world’s longest-living people. People who feel connected and supported in their communities are happier, have fewer health problems and live longer than those who don’t.
Two Ways to Moai:
Start your own Moai
- Choose a fun, positive activity for your group
- Register your Moai at bchd.org/moai
- Connect and invite friends to join
Power 9 your Moai
Focus your Moai on fun, healthy activities like these, based on Power 9®principles
for living longer, better.
- Move Naturally – walking, gardening
- Eat Wisely – plant slant potlucks
- Connect – hobbies, conversation groups
- Right Outlook – volunteer, purpose discussion
Prizes & Perks!
Register your Moai at bchd.org/moai
and complete your 10-week commitment to have the chance to win prizes:
- Blue Zones Project® t-shirt and swag
Join an existing Moai Group
There are tons of groups already meeting! View the existing Moais to join today.
Need help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 374-3426, ext. 243