Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) offers a variety of classes and workshops to meet specific needs in the community.
Free Course for Family Caregivers: Powerful Tools for Caregivers
A self-care program for family caregivers who are currently involved with providing care to children or adults with chronic conditions.
In six weekly classes, caregivers develop a wealth of self-care tools to:
- Reduce personal stress
- Communicate needs to family members and healthcare or service providers
- Communicate more effectively in challenging situations
- Deal with difficult emotions
- Make tough caregiving decisions
Next Session: Thursdays, Starting February 6 at 10:30 a.m.
For more information, call 310-374-3426, ext. 256, or sign-up here.
Are you or someone you love living with early stage dementia or Mild Cognitive Impairment? Finding it more difficult to complete familiar tasks? Experiencing memory loss that is starting to disrupt daily life? The Memory Club may be for you!
Memory Club is a safe place where you and your
loved one can:
- Develop coping skills and daily living strategies
- Gain knowledge from experts in the field of medicine and care
- Learn how to care for yourself and each other
Pre-registration is required.
Contact: David Hart, Ph.D., Always Best Care, 310-792-8666 or email@example.com
Facilitators: Tara Guden, MSW and David Hart, PhD
Center for Health & Fitness Classes
The Center for Health & Fitness (CHF) at BCHD has programs designed just for the needs of older adults, including senior fitness, senior yoga and Pilates, and SliverSneakers and Silver & Fit memberships. The Center has trained medical exercise specialists to assist those with particular needs.