Beach Cities Health District is committed to protecting your health information.
The regulations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) protect the privacy and security of individuals’ identifiable health information and establish an array of individual rights with respect to health information, including:
- Right to receive BCHD’s Notice of Privacy Practices;
- Right to inspect and obtain a copy of the health information that BCHD maintains about you;
- Right to request an amendment to your medical record;
- Right to an accounting of BCHD’s disclosure(s) of your health information;
- Right to request a restriction on the use or disclosure of your health information;
- Right to request a means or location by which BCHD communicates protected health information with you.
Our Notice of Privacy Practices explains how BCHD safeguards your privacy. For more information, please view our Notice of Privacy Practices here.
To review BCHD’s Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information, click here.
If you wish to contact the BCHD Privacy Officer as instructed in BCHD’s Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact:
Megan N. Vixie, MPA, CVA, PHR, SHRM-CP
Privacy Officer/Chief Engagement Officer
Beach Cities Health District
Mail: 1200 Del Amo Street, Redondo Beach, CA 90277