Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaves
- ½ cup chopped mint leaves
- ⅓ cup regular or golden raisins
- 1 apple diced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (approximately 1-2 lemons)
- Rinse 1 cup quinoa well with cool water in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- Add quinoa to 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook covered for 12-15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes covered. Fluff with a fork and transfer quinoa to a bowl.
- Add mint, parsley, raisins, apple and pomegranate seeds
- Add lemon juice and mix well.