Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) is currently accepting applications for its non-profit agency grants to enhance its ability to provide preventive health services in the community. Non-profits that provide physical and/or mental health programs are welcome to apply. The application period will run until noon, May 7, 2021.
BCHD’s ad hoc grants committee will select applications to recommend to its Board for funding. The BCHD Board of Directors will then approve grant applicants through their annual budget adoption at their June 23, 2021 Board meeting. Awardees will be notified in June and, upon signing the final contract, disbursements of funds will occur in FY 2021-2022 on a performance reimbursement basis.
The District funds programs that provide:
• Health education and prevention
• Support groups
• Health promotion
• Health maintenance
• Efforts to develop and test new approaches to solving problems within the health field
• Safety net programs for vulnerable and underserved populations (e.g., senior and homeless meal program)
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
1. The agency must be an incorporated nonprofit organization with a tax-exempt status under California State law and the Internal Revenue Code.
2. The agency must demonstrate the ability to provide proposed services. Greater consideration will be given to agencies with experience in delivering healthrelated programs.
3. An agency does not need to be located within BCHD service area, but it must demonstrate the ability to make services easily accessible to those residing in Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach.
4. District funds must only be spent on the residents of Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach.
Visit www.bchd.org/grants for more information and to download the grant application