BCHD convened a Student Mental Health Task Force in 2018 as a part of a Beach Cities-wide effort to address student stress and substance use. The Student Mental Health Task Force is made up more than 100 organizations and providers in the Beach Cities that support students and families.
Provider service areas include:
- Substance use prevention
- Mental health
- Mindfulness and social-emotional learning
The Task Force meets quarterly to offer recommendations on student health issues. Participants provide resources and services to Beach Cities students and families on topics including cancer support, mental health, grief counseling, substance use prevention, interventions and education, as well as mindfulness and social-emotional learning.
Participating Providers Will:
- Be part of a Beach Cities-wide effort to address student stress and substance use
- Offer recommendations on student health issues
- Convene 3-4 times annually with other providers in the Beach Cities
- Be listed as a community resource on bchd.org/resources
- Be eligible to participate in/support school events
For more information, please contact:
Social-Emotional Health Coordinator
(310) 374-3426, ext. 161
Thursday, April 18 from 8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
Beach Cities Health District
514 N Prospect Ave, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Lower Level, Beach Cities Room
Task Force Members