Beach Cities Health District’s Safe in the South Bay Series is bringing health experts, cities, chambers, schools and community members together around this fast-moving pandemic.
Virtual Safe in the South Bay Series: COVID-19’s Mental Health Impact on Youth, Adults and Older Adults
Wednesday, May 19, 12 - 1:15 p.m.
In partnership with Redondo Beach Chamber of Commerce and Beach Cities Health District
We all have a new sense of gratitude as we move towards reopening in Los Angeles County. But we’ve been through a lot this past year. There are significant ramifications everyone is dealing with related to loss, our sense of safety and security, isolation and loneliness, and uncertainty. Join an esteemed panel of experts who will address these issues and provide information, resources and important perspective on how to build our coping, resiliency and re-emergence skills.
- Howard Barker, Community Liaison, Clear Recovery Center
- David Hart, Ph.D., Director of Community Health, Always Best Care South Bay/West Los Angeles
- Ioana Pal, Psy.D., Clinical Psychologist, Stramski Children’s Developmental Center at MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach
- Edna Osepans, LCSW, Clinical Social Worker, UCLA Health
- During this time of heightened health concern, BCHD is available to offer help and support. If you or someone you know in the Beach Cities needs assistance with errands, health-related information or referrals, please call our Assistance, Information & Referral line at 310-374-3426, ext. 256, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. or submit an online request here.
- Call BCHD's School Well-Being Line for School Families at 310-374-3426, and press option 2 on school days between 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Learn more here.
- For information related to mental health and social-emotional health for youth and adults, support groups and emergency services, visit bchd.org/resources.
- If you or someone you know needs immediate help, call the 24/7 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK, or text TALK to 741741.
- Q&A from the State of California regarding the ETS standards
- LA County requirements for reopening workplaces in various industries
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Main Page
- COVID-19 Vaccine Healthcare Provider Information Hub
- COVID-19 Vaccine Partner Checklist
- COVID-19 Immunization Guidance for SNFs
California Department of Public Health:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: