Symptom Assessment Tool
This Symptom Assessment Tool is brought to you by Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Sign up to receive COVID-19 health and other health education updates for your family from Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
Students and staff at Beach Cities school districts will have the option to do this screening, developed in partnership with Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, through their mobile device before entering the school. Families are also encouraged to do daily temperature checks at home, so they are able to accurately answer the screening questions. In-person screening will also be available for students and staff who are unable to access the screening through their mobile device by entering through the “ADDITIONAL SCREENING” line at the school entrance.
If you have additional questions regarding health and safety, please call BCHD’s Assistance, Information & Referral line at 310-374-3426 and press option 2 on school days between 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Please mention which school you are calling from to be connected to a BCHD COVID-19 Care Navigator.
|EMPLOYEE SCREENING QUESTIONS|
Beach Cities Health District (BCHD) works with the Hermosa Beach City School District, Manhattan Beach Unified School District and Redondo Beach Unified School District to support student, staff and family health and well-being. During COVID-19, BCHD is supporting school efforts to:
- Adapt programs to support the distance-learning environment, including LiveWell Kids Garden and Nutrition, 8-Minute Exercises, Brain Breaks and MindUP. Learn more here.
- Create additional mental health and social-emotional wellness support for students, staff and families
- Assist in the health and safety protocols for return to campus including screening, testing and COVID-19 care navigation
Health Guidance and Protocols for Schools
- Reopening Protocols for K-12 Schools
- Exposure Management Plan for K-12 Schools
- Protocol for COVID-19 Exposure Management Plan in Early Care and Education Sites
- Protocol for Programs Providing Day Care for School-Aged Children
- Reopening Protocol for Youth Sports Leagues
- TK-12 Schools COVID-19 Toolkit
- Additional Guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Reopening Schools in Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County’s adjusted case rate has remained under 25 new cases per 100,000 people for more than five consecutive days, meeting the state requirements for schools to open on-site learning for grades TK through 6 if they are in full compliance with state and county directives. All schools wishing to reopen must submit plans to the County Department of Public Health and the California Department of Public Health certifying that they have implemented a full range of safety measures to permit a safe reopening. While Beach Cities school districts reopened for in-person instruction for K-2 in early February, this will allow more students in grades 3-5 to return to campus.