How is AdventureCamp handling COVID-19?
- Screening before participants go inside, including temperature checks and verbal screening. Face masks are required for all participants ages 2 and older and will be available if you need one.
- Physical distancing stickers have been installed around the facility along with hand sanitizer stations.
- Adventureplex will utilize cleaning products that kill the COVID-19 virus. Staff will clean equipment after use and in between each group use. In addition, an outside cleaning company will clean after hours
- Restrooms continue to be open
- Adventureplex staff will arrange for proper PPE disposal for any protective gear worn by employees.
- For Camp Programs, AdventurePlex will continue to follow all guidance as laid out by LA County in Appendix K for Camp Reopening.
- We continue to follow the American Camp Association recommendation guidelines under our certification as an Accredited Camp as well as the guidelines set by the L.A. County Department of Public Health. We are also under the guidance of Beach Cities Health District Chief Medical Advisor Dr. William Kim.
What are the daily activities?
Campers have daily rotations throughout our facility. These rotations include the play structure, inflatable bounce houses in the sports court, arts and crafts , organized recreational games and trips to the field next door. We also offer special activity days such as Water Days, Dress up days and Spirit Rallies. Please see the camp schedule for calendar of events.
What should my child bring each day?
Campers should bring a lunch, water bottle, closed toed shoes and socks daily. Sunscreen is also recommended. A change of clothes is recommended for younger campers. Upon registration, you will receive a newsletter detailing what they should bring for any specialized activities in your registration (i.e. water days)
Are snacks provided?
Yes, campers are provided with a mid-morning snack as well as an afternoon snack.
What training does the staff have?
Our staff receives extensive training in child management and discipline, safety, diversity and health and safety protocols. Our staff is also CPR, AED, and first aid certified.
What is the ratio of staff to children?
The camper to counselor ratio is approximately 10 to 1 for campers 9 and older and 8 to 1 for campers 6-8 years old. The ratio for campers 4-5 years old is 6 to 1.
Am I able to switch weeks or days?
You may transfer you camper to another week or day as long as there is still space available. Transfers incur a $10 charge per camper.
Do you offer scholarships or sibling discounts?
Unfortunately at this time we do not offer scholarships or sibling discounts.
I want my child to be in a group with another child. Is that possible?
During the online registration process, you will be able to list any camper’s you child would like to be grouped with. We try our best to ensure that all camper requests are granted. Requests are not guaranteed.
As of now, Appendix K for Camp Reopening still highly recommends that campers in the same household are grouped together.
Are payment plans available?
Payment plans are available for customers that sign their children up for 5 weeks of camp or more. All payment plans are coordinated by the camp director. Any and all exceptions are made on a case by case basis by the camp director.
"Summer camp 2021 was a lot different during the pandemic. As a single parent relying on the tribe and community around me, finding a camp that met my high standards was important. I have to say that AdventurePlex exceeded my expectations in every way. Michael, camp director, is without a doubt one of the most kind, understanding and professional directors I have ever met. Seeing him interact with his staff, treat the kids, and communicate with me as a parent is both energetic and calming.
I appreciate the attention to detail at AdventurePlex with Covid restrictions and keeping my daughter safe. They have creative camp activities so the kids can have fun in a safe environment. I wish I had known about it sooner to sign her up for more weeks.
Consider AdventurePlex and give Michael a call if you are currently at a camp with your child and they are unhappy or you are not feeling safe. He will make sure your needs are met and your child will have an adventurous summer." - Michelle D. (posted on Yelp on July 2, 2021)