The LiveWell Kids Nutrition Program provides five nutrition-based lessons per year in Redondo Beach Unified School District elementary schools.
The LiveWell Kids Nutrition Program Learning Modules Include:
- Module 1: Mindful Eating Behaviors
Students learn about mindful eating including using all of their senses, recognizing signs of hunger and portion control.
- Module 2: Fruits and Vegetables
Students learn about the importance of eating fruits and vegetables every day and trying new foods.
- Module 3: Food Labels and Marketing
Students learn about the importance of eating whole foods and being aware of food labels and food marketing tactics.
- Module 4: Water
Students discuss the benefits of drinking water and reducing sugar-sweetened beverage consumption.
- Module 5: Physical Activity
Students learn about the importance of physical activity and how it connects to their overall health.
For more information, please contact:
School Health Programs Coordinator
(310) 374-3426, ext. 125
- Information about healthy eating from MyPlate
- CDC child nutrition facts and resources
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation tips on healthy eating
- CDC water intake facts
- CDC physical activity facts
- How to enjoy more fruits and vegetables from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics