Beach Cities Health District’s (BCHD) Youth Volunteer program is a fun opportunity for ages 14 years or older to work in a variety of community-focused programs.
Adventure Leader Volunteer
Volunteer with BCHD's AdventurePlex where children challenge themselves physically and intellectually in a safe, structured environment packed with mazes, tunnels and more! Duties include:
- Ensure children experience a fun, educational and safe environment by monitoring Adventure Room.
- Keep all areas of Adventure Room, Patio, Restrooms, Reading Corner, Sport Court and Café area neat and clean (a specific checklist of tasks will be provided).
- Assist with assigned activities (e.g.; arts and crafts, classes, rock climbing, a specific checklist of tasks will be provided).
- Assist at the front desk with checking in/out parents and children when needed.
- Assist staff with both long and short range activities (e.g., Puppet show, Costume Play, Story Time)
- Interact with children for various activities including art projects, reading, and playing games
- Maintain clean and safe environment (a specific checklist of tasks will be provided):
- Picking up discarded toys and organizing areas for continued play
- Sanitize toys or clean areas as needed
- Notify staff of any spills, hazards and damaged or lost materials that need immediate attention
- Assist Instructors with setting up and organizing activities during classes
- Assist at the front desk with checking in/out parents and children when needed
- Help with planning, coordination, set-up, and break down for each of the events
- May be asked to do light lifting
- Help to register participants, provide instruction to attendees
- Understand mission of Beach Cities Health District(BCHD) and be able to deliver BCHD messaging. Provide sufficient staffing to support event. Duties include:
- Greeting and registering participants
- Answering participant’s questions or referring them to appropriate staff member
- Engaging with the community to promote Free Fitness and other BCHD events
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-374-3426 ext. 246.