Blue Zones Project® is partnering with employers across the Beach Cities to create healthier work environments and empowering employees to be happier, healthier and more productive.
The Blue Zones Worksite® Pledge promotes evidence-based actions and lifestyle principles to create healthier work environments for employees. The Pledge identifies best practices for optimizing the workplace environment to make the healthy choice the easy choice for employees while they are at work. Most of these actions have little to no cost for employers beyond the initial time necessary to set them up. Benefits to employers include increased productivity and a potential savings in healthcare costs.
Becoming a Blue Zones Worksite
- Leadership: Are your organization’s leaders role modeling well-being behaviors and influencing an environment that supports the well-being of others?
- Purpose: Does your organization have a purpose that employees connect with?
- Habitat/Physical Environment: Does your worksite promote healthy practices and empower employees to make healthy choices through the physical layout and worksite setting?
- Engagement/Creation of Social Networks: Does your organization have a clearly defined engagement strategy that uses an effective mix of communications, incentives and social events to help promote well-being improvement?
- Policies and Benefits: Are your organization’s HR policies and benefits designed to encourage well-being?
- Well-Being Solutions: Does your organization provide engaging solutions to support employee efforts to improve and sustain well-being?
Blue Zones Worksites in the Beach Cities
- The Aerospace Corporation
- Beach Cities Health District
- Bliss & Glennon
- King Harbor Marina
- City of Hermosa Beach
- City of Manhattan Beach
- City of Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach
- Kaiser Permanente Manhattan Beach
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Redondo Beach Unified School District
- Skechers USA, Inc.
- South Bay Galleria
- ZICO Beverages
American Heart Association Fit Friendly Worksites
Fit-Friendly Worksites are recognized by the American Heart Association as employers who champion the health of their employees and work to create a culture of physical activity and health in the workplace.
Key facts from the American Heart Association Position Statement on Effective Worksite Wellness Programs:
- Just three chronic conditions, asthma, diabetes and hypertension, are associated with 164 million lost work days per year in the United States at a cost to employers of $30 billion.
- Employer spending on health promotion and chronic disease prevention is a good business investment.
- Programs have achieved a rate of return on investment ranging from $3 to $15 for each dollar invested with savings realized within 12 to 18 months.
Want to make your worksite a Blue Zones Worksite or a Fit Friendly Worksite?
Contact email@example.com to find the program that is best for your organization.